36-Hour Mediator Training
Learn principles and techniques of conflict resolution.
Next Training: October 17–October 27, 2018
Winter 2019 training: January 29–February 9, 2019
A weekday evening and all day Friday and Saturday for TWO CONSECUTIVE WEEKS
MetroMediation’s intensive training equips new and aspiring mediators with the foundational skills for conducting an effective, successful mediation. You’ll take part in engaging role plays, discussions, and interactive exercises with our expert faculty and receive individualized feedback to develop your mediation skills, gaining:
- A deeper understanding of conflict and the range of responses
- Strategies for managing a negotiation and the exchange of offers
- Communication skills to build relationships, understanding, and agreement
- Ways to address issues of power and power balance
Application and Enrollment Deadlines
Sept. 28, 2018: Early Enrollment Tuition Discount Deadline
Oct. 5, 2018: Final Application Deadline
Winter application and enrollment deadlines
Jan. 10, 2019: Early Enrollment Tuition Discount Deadline
Jan. 17, 2019: Final Application Deadline
Full training schedule and registration links will be posted in early October!
Each session provides 36 hours of training over two weekday evenings and four full days. Apply online or by mail. Applicants are accepted on a first-come basis. Participants receive:
- Binder of training materials, articles, and handouts
- Copy of The Mediator’s Handbook (List price: $29.95)
- Opportunity to earn continuing education credits (CEU, PDP, MMCEP)
- Official MetroMediation certificate of completion (must attend all sessions)
- Friday and Saturday breakfasts, plus ample snacks and refreshments
As professional development, this training satisfies the training component of the provisions of the Rule 8 guidelines of the Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court Uniform Rules on Dispute Resolution. It also provides PDP credits for educators and CE credits for social workers and licensed mental health counselors. Completion is approved to represent 32 Social Work Continuing Education hours as required for re-licensure, in accordance with 258 CMR. Collaborative of NASW and the Boston College and Simmons Schools of Social Work Authorization Number D70671.
Fall Training Schedule
Wednesday, Oct. 17: 6:30 – 10:00 PM
Friday, Oct. 19: 9 AM – 5 PM
Saturday, Oct. 20: 9 AM – 5 PM
Wednesday, Oct. 24: 6:30 – 10:00 PM
Friday, Oct. 26: 9 AM – 5 PM
Saturday, Oct. 27: 9 AM – 5 PM
Tuition and Discounts
Tuition is $725. A nonrefundable $100 deposit is due upon application. Full payment is due at the first session.
We offer two tuition discounts:
Save $115; your tuition is $610 when you pay in full before the Early Enrollment Discount Deadline.
- Save $50 each; your tuition is $560 when you and your friend both enroll and pay in full before the Early Enrollment Discount Deadline.
- Save $100; your tuition is $625 when you and your friend both enroll and pay in full before the Final Application Deadline.
Application fee policies
The application fee is only refundable if you: are not admitted to the program, withdraw at least three weeks prior to the beginning of the placement period, or withdraw within three weeks of the placement period but the slot is filled by another qualified applicant.