Assessment and support for schools, agencies and communities.
The Brookline Center shares its clinical expertise throughout Greater Boston.
As a leading provider of community mental health for over 60 years, The Brookline Center for Community Mental Health is available to consult and work with schools, agencies, and communities.
Our consulting services are flexible. We can help strengthen mental health support and staff knowledge broadly, as well as advise or provide counseling in a specific situation, depending on the needs and expertise of your organization. We often collaborate on grant-funded programs.
The Brookline Center consults to public and private schools, and day care centers. With over 100 clinicians on staff and years of expertise from working daily in all nine Brookline public schools, we know how to help schools develop resilient learning environments that consider and support the mental health of their students. We tailor consultation to the needs of each school, offering a range of short-term and more continuous services including:
- Crisis intervention following a traumatic event
- Evaluation of children who struggle, and consultation with staff to plan appropriate support
- Educator training to improve awareness of and responsiveness to students’ mental health needs
- Site-based therapeutic services for children, including one-on-one counseling, family counseling, and support groups
- Technical assistance to high schools wanting to start a BRYT Bridge Program to aid teens returning to school after prolonged absence
For Agencies & Organizations
The Brookline Center consults to public agencies and nonprofit and private organizations in our shared pursuit of strong communities. Mental health is a community-wide endeavor, with agencies and organizations of all kinds playing a role in supporting the wellbeing of individuals and families. We can partner with your organization to increase capacity to effectively respond to the needs of those you serve, whether for a short-term situation or for ongoing advice and support. Some examples of consulting relationships include:
- At Rosie’s Place women’s shelter in Boston, a dedicated Brookline Center clinician provides counseling and case management services to guests.
- For the Hyde Square Task Force in Jamaica Plain, we trained and advised staff working with high-risk adolescents and established a mutual referral relationship for neighborhood youth.
- We regularly work with organizations where our skill set can complement and extend their own.
Following a Traumatic Event
The Brookline Center is here for the community. Our clinicians are available to help institutions, organizations, and leaders address urgent, difficult situations. For example, after the Boston Marathon bombing our clinicians worked with schools, first responders, and the Town of Brookline to help front-line community leaders plan their support efforts—and support each other, too.