Taking care of your closest relationships.
The Brookline Center helps couples and families build or restore positive, caring relationships, even in challenging times.
Good relationships help us feel appreciated, loved, safe, and supported. Yet every relationship takes tending, and achieving good communication is essential. Sometimes, the situations couples and families face can be destabilizing: Divorce, physical infirmity, addiction, abuse, loss, self-harm, mood disorders, and mental illness can impact everyone in the family or relationship. Caregiving brings its own special challenges.
The Brookline Center’s experienced clinicians work with each person affected, to make changes and improve relationship functioning. Our couples and family counseling helps reestablish or create open communication and healthier relationship dynamics.
Related services that we provide:
- In-home therapy and ongoing mentoring for families in crisis
- Support for adults caring for aging parents
- Social services with the help of our community partners
- Wandering prevention for all children, adults and elders
- Crisis intervention
- Homelessness prevention and help with housing, food, and basic needs