Emergency assistance with rent, food, and other basic needs for individuals and families experiencing financial difficulty.
The Safety Net Fund helps people who life, work, or go to school in Brookline meet basic needs in times of crisis.
Managed by Brookline Center staff in partnership with the Brookline Community Foundation and the Town of Brookline, Safety Net offers confidential, individualized, and integrated support that prevents crises from worsening, improves quality of life, and helps people maintain stability during emergencies.
What we fund:
- Rental assistance
- Utility assistance
- Moving costs — in or out of Brookline
- Beds/mattresses/mattress covers
- Appliances such as refrigerators or air conditioners
- Apartment cleaning/supplies in the event of sanitary/pest situations
- Medical or dental bills that are not covered by insurance
- Gift cards for food, toiletries, school supplies, MBTA passes, and clothing
- Referrals to other resources
Please note: as of June 11, 2020, the Safety Net Fund direct line has changed. Please call (857) 707-3525 to connect with a member of our team by phone.